Manager (Urban Planning & Development), ICF – Delhi
Who we are
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) provides professional services and technology solutions that deliver beneficial impact in areas critical to the world's future. ICF is fluent in the language of change, whether driven by markets, technology, or policy. Since 1969, we have combined a passion for our work with deep industry expertise to tackle our clients' most important challenges. We partner with clients around the globe—advising, executing, and innovating—to help them define and achieve success. Our more than 5,000 employees serve government and commercial clients from more than 70 offices worldwide. ICF's website is www.icf.com.
ICF's Energy business offers results and solutions to a broad range of clients in the energy industry in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. We have advised both private and public sector clients in all facets of the energy industry for more than 30 years. ICF provides a portfolio of strategy, analysis, advisory services, and implementation tools to clients in the energy sector. Long recognized for innovative solutions, ICF International's combination of strategic, policy, risk management, market, and industry expertise enables us to advise clients from the inception of their business plan through the delivery of services to their customers.
The ICF New Delhi office provides economic, technical and management consulting services in energy and low carbon areas including Coal, Oil & Gas, Power (Generation, Transmission and Distribution), Renewables, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change. We provide market analysis, due diligence, regulatory analysis, policy analysis, carbon management, climate change impacts and adaptation. Our thorough understanding of our clients' needs enables us to help governments and private sector companies, donor agencies throughout the Asian, South East Asian and Pacific markets to improve their sustainability. We work frequently with colleagues from other ICF offices, particularly those in the USA, London, Belgium, China and other offices.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a Manager in Urban and Regional Development to support our growth we are currently seeking a person to manage our urban development/planning business and to grow ICF’s presence in this area. We seek established Project and Program Managers, able to lead teams that will deliver and expand our offerings.
As a Manager, you will have the opportunity from day one to lead and contribute to a diverse range of proposals and projects for clients in India. You will be a core part of our growing and collegial team of like-minded urban development specialists who have a passion for applying their skills and knowledge to help solve complex problems for our clients. You will have the chance to develop your knowledge and skills further through excellent training and development opportunities.
You will have 7-9 years of experience and a Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or a related field. You should also have strong analytical, writing and communication skills. Good business development and project management experience in the urban sector in a consultancy environment would be most welcome.
Familiarity with the design, analysis, implementation and evaluation of urban, city and regional development projects and programmes is essential for this role, including technical skills that can include: inclusive/resilient/smart city strategy formulation and plan making; analysis of the built environment and housing; urban and land use policy and planning; (urban, regional and spatial) data collection, analysis and reporting; urban and regional economic analysis and planning; and local/municipal infrastructure and services, governance and finance.
You will have worked in a consultancy, development partner or national, regional or local government, and you will understand what it takes to bid for, manage and deliver successful urban and regional development projects in challenging contexts internationally, working as part of a team to deliver common goals.
- Identify and contribute to business development and marketing opportunities
- Win, implement and manage urban and regional development projects for a range of clients, especially bilateral and multilateral donors and their government partners
- Build and maintain relationships with a range of key clients and collaborators in these fields.
- Manage project teams and sub-contractors, taking responsibility for meeting client needs within quality, time, and budget conditions.
- Develop expertise and intellectual property within the company on urban and regional planning and built environment topics and issues.
- Support junior consultants with guidance and supervision of their outputs.
Basic Qualifications/ Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Urban Planning/Architecture/Engineering/MBA or a related field.
- Total 7-9 years of experience in which at least 5 years of experience in urban sector.
- Business development and marketing experience.
- Experience of winning and successfully delivering urban/regional/built environment development projects for clients.
- Experience in working with consulting firm or donors, e.g. DFID, the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank and EuropeAid.
Demonstrated project leadership and ability to lead projects with ULBs, Central Government, State Governments in India
- Substantial technical expertise in the disciplines making up urban/city and regional planning, and the built environment
- Experience in project management in the context of international development.
- Experience in capacity building and training in the technical areas is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and self-motivation.
- Strong analytical skills in relevant areas.
- Solid personal computer skills (Microsoft applications).
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task, and work under strict deadlines.
- Willing to travel regularly internationally.
- Ability to work independently and achieve challenging targets.
- Ability to lead and work within multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary teams spread across several countries and time zones.
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information.
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities.