- Undergraduate degree in a numerical subject, such as science or engineering
- 1-2 years of experience in an energy-related and/or business research environment is a plus
- Interest in global issues concerning the oil and natural gas industry
- Strong IT skills; preferrably with proficiencey in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You’ll work in the McKinsey Knowledge Center based in Gurgaon, India, as part of our Oil & Gas Research & Insights (R&I) team.
You’ll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. As part of the research team, you will continually deepen your knowledge and understanding of the Oil & Gas sector through supporting our client service and knowledge development.
What You'll Do
You will respond to complex research questions by collecting, analyzing and synthezing information from a broad variety of sources.
In this role you will work with consultants to scope and prioritize their research needs and will identify the key issues and determine the most appropriate, cost-effective and timely research solutions. You will then gather the necessary raw information using a broad spectrum of sources and will organize, analyze, and synthesize the findings into targeted, McKinsey-formatted end products. These end products may be in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets.
You will build a solid knowledge base by developing an appropriate broad understanding of the relevant structure, players, and trends in your topic area(s). To build your expertise, you will develop fact packs, summaries, and be assigned portions of larger documents in your area of focus.