- The Reservoir Geomechanics Engineer's job involves modeling time-dependent changes of reservoir storage and productivity due to rock deformation. The job is a L3 function operating from the Reservoir Geomechanics CoE or a RTC. It requires a high level understanding of coupled geomechanic modeling and cross domain expertise in reservoir engineering.
- Works on integrated multi well, multi discipline field studies. He/she integrates all the available data to create an internally consistent 3D or 4D geomechanical model, which is then applied to all the wells in the field to generate uniform geomechanical results. He/she works closely with Reservoir Engineers to achieve the optimal realization of the reservoir properties. He/she works closely with the geophysicist to optimize seismic inversions and to interpret and apply 4D seismic data.
- As with the Borehole Geomechanics Engineer, the Reservoir Geomechanics Engineer combines knowledge of logging sensor physics with understanding of oil and gas geology in order to quantify and quality control geomechanical data from Schlumberger services Schlumberger services, to determine stresses and mechanical properties for a formation, field, or basin to deliver practical, cost-effective solutions to geomechanical problems.
- Apply geomechanical models to optimize fracture stimulation, optimize drilling and well placement; minimize reservoir compaction, surface subsidence and sand production.
- Advise clients on drilling, stimulation, and sanding problems issues and solutions.
- Applies broad knowledge and brings experience to identify problems which have been addressed before. Knows what works in different situations. Balances priorities and interfaces with internal/external customers to ensure expectations are met within the confines of policies, technical and professional limits.
- Typically regarded as the level of a fully qualified professional Geoscientist, he/she carries out responsible and varied technical assignments requiring a general familiarity with a broad field of Geoscience and knowledge of other product lines
- Helps evaluating new services and techniques under field test. Applies technical and analytical skills to develop new methods and solutions.
- Remains effective at problems solving even under pressure. Has knowledge of operating practices of services pertinent to discipline as well as practical understanding of the software process and contributes constructively to its improvement.
- Is familiar with the way our customers work and can apply this to deliver improvements of commercial benefit to SLB. Keeps track of the competition. Focuses on efficient use of resources and facilities to achieve organizational goals from local business demands. Looks for ways to exploit opportunities.
- Offer technical guidance, manage and coach the Geomechanics teams into performing technical studies that would describe stresses and mechanical properties for formation, field, or basin.
- Organizes client seminars, understands and catalogues client needs and implements solutions
- Represents the Organization at Service Quality meetings, forums and conferences and actively communicates with internal and/or external customers to ensure service level meets expectations
- May participate in recruiting.
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete all required safety training
- Fosters good relations outside the organization to achieve positive image for Schlumberger
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Engineering or Pure or Applied Science. Preferred MSc or MA in Petroleum Engineering, Civil, Mining, Structural Geology, or Geophysics.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in case of Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years experience in case of Master’s degree.
- Applicants must be fluent in English and Hindi or a regional language.
Schlumberger is the world's leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. We have more than 20 years of experience in delivering world-class service to our customers through integrated projects. These projects range from basic service coordination through to complete development and abandonment of fields. To meet the growing needs of our business we are encouraging applications from experienced professionals who share our passion for delivering excellence in all aspects of project delivery