Provides technical guidance, training, auditing and staffing support to the OG&C estimating organization. Specifically responsible for the competent performance of global estimating activities for the OG&C Water Business Line.
Takes a lead role in estimate development, reviews and presentations. Provides and supports data and cost analysis. Uses, develops and oversees the maintenance of water-related project cost databases, as required. Provides technical and operational supervision to assigned personnel. Executes simultaneous tasks within broadly defined parameters. Interfaces with senior management, engineering, procurement, construction and other technical experts.
- University degree required in engineering or other technical field.
- Expert-level estimating knowledge and experience, with a significant portion of that time spent providing engineering and construction services to a global industry. High level of technical excellence that inspires confidence in the integrity of the estimate.
- Thorough knowledge of, and demonstrated experience in, all aspects of estimating. Stays abreast with current state-of-the-art developments.
- Minimum 15 years experience, preferably in estimating projects in the following market segments:
- Produced water treatment;
- Raw water treatment;
- Waste water treatment;
- Demineralized water treatment;
- Desalination plants; and
- Other industrial water applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in EPC lump sum estimating practices and methods, including demonstrated ability to organize, direct, perform, review and present cost estimating products with a minimum of supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of project schedules and ability to extrapolate costs curves based on first hand experience of scheduled-activities/cost correlation analysis.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of established cost indeces, escalation calculations, and projections.
- Technical and practical comprehension of Refining, Oil, Gas, and Chemical engineering, procurement and construction methods and techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of water process technologies and industry developments related to the market segments listed above.
- Knowledge of cost engineering and estimating industry standards for administrative and supervisory procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of commercial terms and conditions such as currency exchange impacts and hedging arrangements.
- Excellent skill in oral and written communication with demonstrated skill to present estimating information to management and client.
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory and administrative functions.
- Must demonstrate advanced level of expertise in the use of MS Word and MS Excel, typically acquired through multiple years of experience.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the utilization of process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs) in the development of estimates.
- AACE International Certification preferred.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right—no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Segment: Architecture, Estimator, Engineer, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Finance