Lead Project Engineer - Interface
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has been awarded a large PMC Duqm Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 4 years. We are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. Successful candidate will be based in Chennai, India and once work at the EPC location has been completed, employee will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment if requested by the client.
If you are interested in the position of Lead Project Engineer - Interface based in Chennai, India, please apply to the requisition and we will be in touch with you to discuss your application further.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
- Implement and maintain the designated interface management systems (CIMS) and procedures for use by all functions, contracting parties and stakeholders
- Coordinate interfaces on a complex onshore major project arising from technical changes with Contracting Parties
- Coordinate activities for both technical (hard) and governance (soft) interfaces, through the Project Stages
- Provide support to internal and external stakeholders during project execution to meet project objectives
- Responsible for interfaces with different contracting parties, owners, customers, government bodies and existing facilities in coordination
- Propose and recommend appropriate solution as necessary to maintain compliance with local authority requirements
- Ensure critical interfaces are identified and acknowledged by both contracting parties
- Ensure that company policies, procedures and controls are adhered to, at all times
- Lead the development of and approve all interface registers and reports
- Produce interface reports to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with the agreed project requirements
- Devise own work methods and working practices independently within the framework of established policies and guidelines in order achieve project objectives as necessary
- Be exposed to different cultures, backgrounds and environments. Attend to and resolve conflicts, challenges and problems related to a large multi-cultural and multi-discipline technical workforce
- Execute activities with the highest required level of confidentiality
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized university. Membership of a recognized professional engineering association would be advantageous
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering, project management and execution of major Oil & Gas projects
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working on a similar role
- Experienced in implementing effective project interface execution systems
- Experienced in the implementation of industry best practices and Company's systems, processes and standards
- Proven ability to apply sound judgment and analytical skills due to the complex and diversified nature of the position
- Extensive skills in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Apply Here ----